Re: RE: best roadster?

To: COXB@tmfhs.org
Subject: Re: RE: best roadster?
From: WheelerDealerUSA@netscape.net (Jonathan Kniskern)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:51:29 -0400
It is a silly question, but I have to put in my 2 cents worth. Gotta love the
list.

BMW or Porsche - Big Bucks (those are capitol B's)

S2000 = medium sized bucks (It's a 240 HP normally aspirated 4-banger - how do
they do it? The one person I've seen race them don't wind them out enough. Very
high-revving. Nice to try, but not a lot of aftermarket yet, compared to...)

MRS or Miata = Lots o' Bang for the Buck

According to Motor Trend, the MRS is better on paper but the Miata has it beat
for grin factor. I prefer the Miata (I have 2). It's a great car as anyone who
ever owned one will tell you. I've never driven any MR (2, 2T or Spyder) but
can tell you Paul Brown kicks butt in our region in an A-Stock MR2 Turbo. Maybe
that's due to his driving - glad he doesn't drive a Miata.

If money were no object, I'd get a Porsche Boxster S. If you're on a tight
budget, get a used '95 or newer Miata R-Package. But that's just my opinion, I
could be wrong...

JK.
Jonathan Kniskern
nmiata@aol.com