Re: Tire Comparison ( Bridgestone vs Yokohama )

To: "David Hillman" <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: Re: Tire Comparison ( Bridgestone vs Yokohama )
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:03:48 -0500
I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure which Yoko tire you're talking about.  I
know of the A032R (treadwear 60-80) which is probably the most streetable
R-tire out there since it has tread depth and water evacuation areas and it
should be superior in traction to a true street tire like a RE730 (treadwear
is 300).

I run the RE71's and have heard both reports that the RE730 is better and
worse than the RE71.

I think Bridgestone's top of the line S-02 would be an awesome street tire
($$$) and have seen it run on more performance cars than the Yoko AVS Sport.
I'm considering the Yoko AVSi for STS next.

Brian