Re: "new" scca logo

To: <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "new" scca logo
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:45:43 -0500
>>We could make an I/Stock for older cars, but then we'd have all 3 Sprite
owners bitching about having to run against that '84 Fiero.  Then when they
go to J, the lone Healey 3000 owner would want a K, etc...  How far do you
go?

Since there isn't enough room in the alphabet for everyone to have a "me"
class for everyone, maybe we should just go to the first three letters of
the last name.

IMO, some people need to remember that all cars are being continuously
developed, and in SP, P and M that means you can never stop developing your
car.  In stock, it means you need to buy a new car every few years.  You
picked the car, the sanctioning body and the class, so stop bitching when
the rest of the world passes you by.

All IMO, YMMV, etc - and don't take it too seriously :)

Dave

> One of the things that bothers me about this whole discussion is that SCCA
has continuously classed older  cars lower and lower in the Stock Category.
Look at the formerly D and E/Stock LBCs that are now in H.  How low do you
want to go?