RE: rev limiter?

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Subject: RE: rev limiter?
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 11:22:18 -0600
> So, then adding a tachometer is illegal...  Because a tach doesn't really
> tell you any useful information for day to day driving.

That is not the qualification in the rule.  It doesn't matter if it does
affect day to day driving.

I cannot legally change the seats in my Fiero to an earlier set with
speakers in the headrest.  They would be nice to have for the street but
seat changes are specifically listed as and example of an item that is not
strictly comfort and convenience.

Besides, tachs do have a use on the street.  They are good as training
devices to allow the driver to learn the sound and feel of the car relative
to the engine speed.

A driver who wants a tach or shift light but is unsure of the possibility of
a protest could put them in for their street driving so that they don't need
them when autocrossing.