Re: Paving advise

To: Mdmotorsprt@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paving advise
From: Popsracr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 02:51:18 EST
In a message dated 12/8/00 10:58:40 PM Central Standard Time,
Mdmotorsprt@aol.com writes:

> We have the opportunity to acquire a new site this year (THEY want us for 6
>  events plus a divisional. Can you say Whooma tm ????), and some concerns
> have
>  been raised about the surface. We believe it may be paved with "Coarse
Base
>  Coat", and it may not have a "Top Coat", as in regular highway asphalt
> paving.
>
>  Has anyone used a lot with such asphalt paving, and if so, was there was
any
>  damage from autocross/race tires?. Private reply is fine, but this may be
>  good info for the list to see alos.

Check out http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~mti/asfalt/

Not all asphalt is created equally.  Prior to sealing, some smooth, tightly
packed material can last quite a while.  Some with more gravel content may
tend to break apart after a few hundred runs.  Once the top coat seal has
been applied it generally lasts longer but becomes very slick.

Pay close attention to any area that gets a lot of abuse.

Jim