Re: BSM/SM2

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: Bradley Lamont <lamont@mailhost.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:35:09 -0500
At 01:07 PM 9/22/2000, Kent Rafferty said:
>Based on Roger's criteria, we should eliminate the
>following classes:
>
>         Street Prepared:  DSP ASP,
>         Prepared:            BP, AP, FP, EP, DP
>         Modified:             DM, BM, EM, AM, FM
>         Other:                 F125, SM
>
>That certainly will streamline Solo II :-)

Well, since I've already stepped on a bunch of toes, I might as well get
the rest...

At Nationals, we had 1097 drivers total:

stock                   464     43%
SP                      240     22%
P                       176     16%
M                       146     13%
other (STS, SM, F125)   71      6%

I don't have numbers for regional events, but I'd expect the percentage of
stock class cars to be even higher due to the number of novices coming out
on street tires.

In terms of number of classes, we have 30 total classes (combining ladies
into the open classes)

stock           9       30%
SP              6       20%
P               6       20%
M               6       20%
other           3       10%

The new stock class re-org is being done to add another super-duper stock
class at the top, while "not increasing the number of classes in an already
over-divided classing system" or something to that effect.

Perhaps the P and M classes should reduce the number of classes and give
them to the Stock classing people.  That would preserve the total number of
classes.

It'll never happen, of course.  Too many committees, too many people with
cars built for their class, etc.

I wonder how the SCAC would feel about 2 more stock classes for their new
proposal?

Brad