Re: Ford sure picked some winners....

To: "Paul and Meredith Brown" <racers@rt66.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford sure picked some winners....
From: "Chris Teague" <cteague@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:13:53 -0700
Paul,

It is true that Ford specified a 26 PSI rating for the Explorer, and
I am sure some people let it go lower.  However, I think it is hard
to blame Ford much, since they sold over 500,000 Explorers
with 26 PSI GOODYEAR tires, and not one has come apart.
The ones with the Firestone tires have not been so lucky...
It may have been a combination of a poor tire, with low pressures.

Chris