Re: Protest in HS?

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Protest in HS?
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:58:39 -0400
<<<The story as I heard it from an interested E Stocker who was there:

Russell Blume was protested, as usual, for several things.  One of those
things was ignition timing, which was found to be "out of manufacturers
specs" (don't have any more detail than that, sorry).  It appears that
the
penalty was 1 second, enough to bump him from 2nd to 4th place overall.

I think the PC did an admirable job of defining a reasonable penalty in
this case, and at least Russ still got a trophy, which he very obviously
deserved.  He would have been 1/10th out of 1st were it not for this
protest.>>>

Reasonable? That only sounds reasonable to me if the car went out of
spec on it's own. Was that their determination?!?

Paul Foster