Re: 133 ft-lb of torque, but 31-10 vs. Vettes

To: ejbuckley@earthlink.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 133 ft-lb of torque, but 31-10 vs. Vettes
From: Popsracr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 02:04:24 EDT
In a message dated 09/08/2000 10:33:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
ejbuckley@earthlink.net writes:

<< Bring it on. We've still got a couple of events this year!

 Seriously, I don't pretend that my car is really faster than even a stock
 Vette on race rubber. But it is close enough that the Vette driver can't
 screw up too much. I've been having fun keeping a "Vette tally" this year
 simply because I think the Vette is a great car and therefore a good
 measuring stick.

 Eric Buckley
 7STR: 98 Integra GSR
 St Louis Region

If you guys come up to a Chicago Region event I can almost guarantee that the
Vette will be faster.  Last weekend we had a course where there was a
straight section where we could be in third gear for about 10 seconds without
a lift. (OK so it's not a lift in a Civic but still not a lift :)

How about the challenge guys?  Come on out for the neutral territory event
and let's see just how slow the STR really is compared to a BSP Vette...

Is Dan Popp or Bruce Wentzel  allowed to compete against the STR Integra?

Jim