RE: 133 ft-lb of torque, but 31-10 vs. Vettes

To: "Ax List (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 133 ft-lb of torque, but 31-10 vs. Vettes
From: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:33:56 -0500
Ben Thatcher wrote:

> That sounds like a challenge, Eric. I have yet to be beaten by a STR
> Integra GSR in my 86 BSP Corvette. Wanna rumble? Better yet, wanna put
> some dollars on it? I suspect some of the Vettes you beat
> weren't prepped or driven to the maximum capability.

Bring it on. We've still got a couple of events this year!

Seriously, I don't pretend that my car is really faster than even a stock
Vette on race rubber. But it is close enough that the Vette driver can't
screw up too much. I've been having fun keeping a "Vette tally" this year
simply because I think the Vette is a great car and therefore a good
measuring stick.

Eric Buckley
7STR: 98 Integra GSR
St Louis Region