Re: Stupid cone tricks

To: <AnalogMike@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid cone tricks
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:17:57 -0500
>p.s. Phil E, if you like stupid tight courses

Actually, I like smart tight courses.

>you should
>join the PCA

Only if I can find the rattiest, nastiest, ugliest, fastest 914 on the face
of the panet.  Cheap.

>and run some of our autocrosses in the northeast...

I live in Minnesota, where the local PCA Region is more likely to have a
900-foot straight.  I am not making this up.

>At the zone-1 PCA autocross, I had 23 cones on the first
>day with two off course runs, and nearly as many on the 2nd day.
>Still managed to barely beat Dave and Rick Newman for FTD
>on my last runs. People who set up tight courses with too
>many cones should be banned to the Lotus club :-)

Too many cones?  No, I think not.  Those of us in Loti look UP to 911
pilots.  Our lower point of view does not make us fond of forest-of-orange
courses.  We are down here with the CM guys and prefer a course that can be
followed.  Don't confuse a tight, technical, course with one that is
over-populated with cones.  They are two separate concepts.