Re: <Was clarification> Now Speed of AWD

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: <Was clarification> Now Speed of AWD
From: "DravenGSX" <brett@yarooze.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:51:21 -0400
I don't buy this for a second..  With the right driver and the right set of
tires the FWD DSMs should beat the AWD DSMs because of two very important
factors.  The first being weight and the second being drivetrain loss.  Look
at the stock numbers for the DSMs (Much easier to control 210 HP than
300+HP)...  Several major magazines have tested both and a majority of the
tests showed the FWD turbo cars coming out on top of the AWD turbo cars.
And it makes sense.  With slicks on the front of a DSM there is no reason
why you couldn't turn high 1.7-low1.8 60's and then run away from the AWD
cars at the end of the 1320.  Now we're straying away from racing with
turns, which would be a completely different story because how many autox
coarses have 1,320 feet of straight at the beginning?