AM Turnout (was Fine print)

To: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>
Subject: AM Turnout (was Fine print)
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 05:36:42 -0800

The Snipester touched on why AM is losing members.  The cost of entry is
WAY to high.  The monsters that are being built now (Phantom, Dragon) are
hand built from the ground up with thousands of engineering hours into
them.  Yes it's fun to build something unlimited; but to do so and get
beaten by 5+ seconds at Nationals?  What is the incentive to race against
one of these machines?

As far as the karts, there are not in the same league as AM - or even a top
BM car/driver.  You may be looking at your own local results, and we all
know how skewed those can be in any Region.  Take a quick look at F125 vs.
AM this year at Nationals:  I know AM ran in the rain one day so it is at
worst equal, at best a total trouncing:  AM-103.150  F125-110.595

Even though Bill Goodale is from my Region, and is the current National
Champ, I think the car needs another year or two in development to compete
with the Phantom.  Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the two meet in 1998?
I looked on the SCCA website but it looks as if the 1998 results are
gone...anyone have them?  Goodale had a Tui before so the entry list should
be the proof.

AB

"Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com> on 12/22/99 07:10:31 AM

Please respond to "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>