Re: Cajun Christmas Greetings

To: JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov
Subject: Re: Cajun Christmas Greetings
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:35:33 -0600
Guess we'll just have to cook 'em up a big pot of gumbo, JD, and let
'em try to guess what's in it!

To expand a little on the Nutria thing, everything that's been said so
far is correct.  They're, basically, huge rats.  And they've taken
over the south Louisiana swamps.  However, they also have pretty
decent fur. They're trapped for that.  Problem is - after you skin
'em, what do you do with the meat?  That's why the state Ag department
is trying to come up with some way to use it.  I must admit, though.
I've lived in Louisiana for almost 23 years and I've never eaten
Nutria.  I've eaten just about everything else there is to eat in this
state, but not Nutria.  (at least, not knowingly!!!)

At least everybody has a little bit better insight, now, into what we
do around here while we're waiting for Papa Noel to pole his pirogue
down the bayou wit all dem present for da chirren.  Oh, we also have
to build dem bonfire along da bayou to light his way.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman