Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?

To: "Bob H." <hodge@one.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:59:26 -0600
Bob wrote:

>And, in stock cars, slight differences in driver capability can
have more
>of an impact on the time difference between the two.

I disagree. In a highly prepared car - SP, P, or M - it often
takes a BETTER driver to wring the full measure of its capability
than it would in a Stock car. As speeds pick up, course features
go by more quickly. Accuracy of car placement and timing of
control input take on greater importance in getting a good run.

Jay