Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?

To: "autocross" <AUTOX@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:31:33 -0500
> I think it's just as hard to drive a non-stock car as
> it is to drive a stock car in an autocross.

I think you're right, but I also think there's more to the question than
what's harder to drive.  For a novice, a stock car handles far more like the
average street car they're used to than some of these amazing modified
monsters turning laps in half the time.  Due to the familiar feel, I think
it's easier for a novice to start in a stock car.  I went off on the ST
tangent earlier, so I won't do it again, but I will say that if someone's
car happens to fall into ST, I think ST is where they should compete for
starters, since they're already used to their own car's handling.

Excellent points, and I agree with you all the way, but I don't think that's
what the original question was asking.  Not that that ever stopped us from
commenting anyway. :)

    - Justin