Re: inside edge tire wear, the saga continues - streets

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>, <Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>
Subject: Re: inside edge tire wear, the saga continues - streets
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:00:55 -0700 (MST)
At 11:31 AM 4/5/99, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
>This wear is only a concern on the race tires.  I'm too lazy to change
>the toe setting twice each weekend and I really don't care what happens
>to my street tires.

too lazy???

It takes me 20 seconds to toe out one complete turn on a late model f-body
or Marilyn's Corvette on race day.

Oh, yeah, I have to spend the same 20 seconds undoing it (the yellow marker
on the *one* toe rod end helps keep it from going "out of spec")

> If I have to buy a fresh set of street tires each
>year for about $250, then so be it.

Oh yeah, I've seen those advertised at Pep Boys/K-Mart/etc, 80k mile
guarantee too ...

I prefer a "real" street tire

BTW, MOST people spend more on their street tires than their race tires,
seems like a waste to trash them

Jim Rohn
Beater Racing
yes, having fun with all these threads