RE: Stock Class MODs

To: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>,
Subject: RE: Stock Class MODs
From: Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 06:11:25 -0500
At 11:02 PM 2/21/99 -0600, Mohler, Jeff wrote:
>> One problem Is the computer runs like crud untill it learns all it's
>> parameters I do not know how long this takes.. or if the computer can be
>> reset by pulling a fuse (any BMW heads out there?) My mechanic Said by
>> reprograming the ECU with the latest software it did it, I hope that is
>> not the only way...
>       ---
>
>       The TCCS system on the Supra uses a built in program when it lacks a
>sufficient amount of data from use.
>
>       You get rather bad mileage, but the car kicks a tad harder.

On my 98 Z28, it normally takes 25-30 miles after clearing the PCM to get
back to decent performance. This has been measured using Autotap diagnostic
software for OBDII. You can watch all sorts of nifty things with this
software: timing, both advance and knock retard, fuel trims, amount of air
getting into the motor, O2 levels before and after the cats, hell even
calculated HP and TQ. It also lets you view and clear trouble codes. check
out http://www.autotap.com/ for more info.

Karl
98 Z28
71 ESP