Re; A Different D/E Mod Approach

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re; A Different D/E Mod Approach
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:14:48 -0600
Josh Sirota writes:

> This is the *classic* "I Class" argument!  Basically, the classic
> argument goes something like this: "I have an XXXXX.  I love my XXXXX.
> It bugs me that based on some things I've done to make my XXXXX special,
> it's a really cool car, but it ends up getting classed somewhere where
> I'd have to spend a whole lot more to make my car into something I won't
> like as much.  How come there isn't a class where my special, lovable,
> and unique XXXXX isn't competitive?"

This is NOT an "I" class issue. I would personally not have any
better shot in that class than I do in the one I am in. I would,
however, quit taking flak for having an engine swap in AP - - -
although legal by the rules - - - not exactly in the mold to which
the prepared classification was designed.

My car is as developed as much as the "P" rules will allow.
All that is left is to dial it in. Oh, next year  I can do an aftermarket
injection, but as of now there is little else that can be done to it - -
no matter the cost - -  without repowering it and tubing it for E-Mod.
Not a matter of money, I recently put a lot of money into this car,
I could have used that money to build to EM specs, or to the rules
you suggest I build to, , but CHOSE not to.

My argument is for a separate, heavier class Mod class. This
proposed class would encompass cars such as the V8 Z cars
(Scarabs),  the full bodied kit cars (where does the stock 302
powered Cobra kit car on a  Mustang chassis have to play - -
against a Ralt?), and I have thrown in the Corvairs as a suggestion
- - they are rapidly disappearing 'cause that pancake 6 is no
match to the SBC and Ford 289/302. There are several Corvairs
out there that would start appearing out of the woodwork. And,
yes, for cars like mine.

Disagree, discuss, whatever. If you think it is not a good
suggestion, feel free to contact me or discuss it in this forum.
But please quit trying to read into it. Analyze the idea all you
want, but please don't try to analyze me, or determine motives,
or make it personal any more.