Re: Driving Techniques

To: DirtyDogg1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Driving Techniques
From: OneTimeCRX <hchea@ramapo.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 11:57:31 -0500

DirtyDogg1@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know a place on the net that goes in depth about various drivng
> techniques?  Please let me know, I am mainly interested in mastering
> understeer and general cornering.

I doubt that you can find this on the net, but if you can find this
book, buy a copy because it's worth the $15.  The book is "Secrets of
Solo Racing", by Henry A. Watts, ISBN 0-9620573-1-2.  It covers many
basic techniques and shows what to look for while planning your run.
The author describes what happens to the car in different situations,
and although he occasionally covers advanced topics, I haven't found his
writing to be cryptic at all.  Although I have no monetary interest in
this book, it's worth every penny IMO.

--
Cheers,
Henry C.