Live-in, belong-out-of-Region members

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Live-in, belong-out-of-Region members
From: "James A. Crider" <autojim@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 12:37:10 -0500
Around here, and I'm sure in other parts of CenDiv as well, there are a lot
of prominent road race types who live and work in the Detroit Metro area
but list Ohio Valley Region as their region of record.  Reason?  OVR pays
Runoffs entries and, if memory serves, also has its own "tow fund" for its
region members who go to the Runoffs.

This confused me greatly until I learned about OVR's Runoffs payouts.
There are also people who belong to NWOR, Saginaw Valley Region, or Western
Michigan Region who live and work in the same Detroit Region area, but for
other reasons (usually political) choose to belong to one of those other
regions.  I've not heard of anyone "jumping ship" for that reason in 4-5
years, however.

Jim "no longer on the Detroit Region Board" Crider
e-mail lackey for new Detroit Solo Director Guy St. John
autojim@delphi.com