suspension

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: suspension
From: William Lewis <william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:26:45 -0700
Gentlemen:
      I have recently rebuilt the suspension on my Series II car, including
new king pins, hubs, and whatever else was worn out.  I long ago put on the
beefy sway bar.  What else can be done to impove the handling on these
cars.  My car is otherwise stock, with stock front and rear shocks?
      There has been a long running debate about suspension.  The Chevy
Camaro used stiff shocks with soft springs.  The Pontiac Firebire used
stiffer springs with softer shocks.  The Firebird was a better cornering
car.
      Following this logic, I should leave my shocks alone and cut down my
front coil a little and add another leaf to my rear end (don't be cheeky).
      I await your thoughts with baited breath.
Bill Lewis