Re: Engine Transmission combos

To: <ellis838@concentric.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Transmission combos
From: "Russ Eshelman" <RussE@Firstva.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:01:50 -0500
Jim,  I checked 6 transmissions that I had easy excess too. 2 non-synchro
and 4  (one 25 spline, three 10 spline) all synchro trannys,  2 of which are
still in the cars (series V).  I found that the all-synchro's had the tall
pedestal with small fork and  small release bearing,  while the
non-synchro's  had the short pedestal with the large fork and large release
bearing.  The change came about with the introduction of the all-synchro
transmission  B94100001 and the diaphragm type clutch, although you can mix
and match, I would say it is the match up between the pedestal and pressure
plate that makes the difference. The 25 spline trannys was introduced with
B395017309 onward.
 Jim have you heard anything more about an SOS at Dillard in the Spring?
Happy Beaming!
Russ