Re: Engine problems

To: <TLKSRHOME@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Engine problems
From: "ESPEN HOLM" <e_holm@c2i.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:36:53 +0200
Thanks to all of you for for proposals.
I started off with the fuel system, checked the fuel pump and found it to be
OK. A coke bottle was filled quite fast.

Then I disassembled the carburettors and found one of the membranes was not
correctly installed. It was leaking a bit, however it did not seem to be the
reason, so I had to re-open carburettors. I disassembled all parts of the
carburettors and I think one of the pistons may have been stuck. At least,
after reassembling carburettors the engine now runs quite properly!
However, I had a very scary experience. I took my girlfriend out for a ride
last night (Yeah - I was proud!) While driving, I suddenly lost power and
thought the piston was stuck again. However, when opening the hood I realized
gaz was splashing all over from the rear carburettor, hitting the warm exhaust
manifold. Damn luck the whole thing did not explode! The engine was real warm
as I had just climbed about 400 meters in about 8 km (passing the famous
Holmenkollen skijump). Had to turn the engine off and roll all the way down
again. This morning I started over, and found that one of the small blank shims
inside the floating chamber (there are som spring-loaded brass parts) was left
over (I must have forgotten it - It was not in its place) and got stuck between
the floater and the closing valve, resulting in leakage through a tiny channel
discharging next to the air filter bolt (from the filter side it looks like a
plugged hole). Well, now its working and I need to get my SV approved by the
authorities this week. That will make it!

Espen
This----- Original Message -----