Re: Engine problems

To: <GSTROM99@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine problems
From: "Vic Hughes" <v.hughes@austarmetro.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 20:38:31 +1000
About 30 years ago I did this with an OHC Mitsubishi Galant engine.  Piston
hit the valve, which broke a rocker and punched a hole into the water
gallery.  This hole was supposedly fixed but it blew under heat, letting
water into the oil and running the bearings. One properly welded head, new
bearings, reground crank plus new rings while we were in there and of course
gaskets.....

Vic