Re: squealing brakes

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Subject: Re: squealing brakes
From: "Paul Heuer" <p_heuer@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 08:26:35 +0930
Jim,
The phenolic pistons are marketed as being light weight, reducing heat
transfer to the brake fluid, etc. I bought them soon after I bought my car,
thinking that it would be soooo hard to get parts, and these would fit. I
know better about parts now...

The pistons have worked well, but note that they are quite brittle. The
first set I received in the mail were poorly packed and *very* roughly
treated in the post. Two pistons had chipped at the groove where the dust
seal sits. The company replaced them OK.

Now the big question, where do you buy them... I'll have to check my
receipts at home and get back to you. Sorry.
Cheers,
Paul.