Rear Axle Needed

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Axle Needed
From: Joe Robson <absjmr@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 18:15:22 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me, my SIV Alpine has developed a noisy grumble
from the back axle, the wheels move freely and I have stripped the brakes
down and they look normal, so I am assuming that I need a new rear axle.
The one on it currently is from a Ford Cortina (apparently, so no idea
which model), it is wider than a standard axle, but causes problems with
the wheels rubbing the arches.

Does anyone have a spare axle in or near London, preferably an Alpine one
I guess (the car is running a Holbay with twin 40s, I presume the standard
axle will be able to cope with the increased power). Or if not where is
teh best place to get a reconditioned one from and how much is it going to
hurt my wallet?

Thanks

Joe Robson