[6pack] Crimping Bullet connectors

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, BobDanielson
Subject: [6pack] Crimping Bullet connectors
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:27:53 -0500
     Just a quick wiring question.  I have the lucar bullet type
crimping tool from British Wiring.  Do I crimp back by where the wire
enters the connector, or just behind the ball on the end?  The first
couple I've tried, I crimped back by the wire, and it crushed the
connector completely.  Is it worth soldering after crimping?  I'm
installing a daytime running light controller because I tend to leave
the lights on when driving with them on during the day.  It activates
the high beams at 75% power whenever the ignition is on and I'm
wondering if my Lucas 18ACR will keep up.  Thanks  fan any help.   John
Mitchell  76 TR6