[6pack] insurance recommendations

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] insurance recommendations
From: "John Cohen" <jmcoh@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:09:26 -0400
Having filed a claim with Hagerty, all I can say is that when push comes to
shove and you need to file a claim they pay off very quickly no questions
asked.  My  only mistake was not having more agreed value.  Anyone who has
restored any car knows it cost more to restore than it is worth .    In my
case, it was insured for 12k but it cost me about 16k to bring it back to
where it was after my fire in 2005.  My advice is to get as much agreed
value as they will write based on the condition of the car.  Currently I
have an agreed value of 18k.

John Cohen

76 TR6

http://www.triumphowners.com/701