Re: Oil filter canister

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net, jmitch@snet.net
Subject: Re: Oil filter canister
From: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:32:58 +0000
John,
Just to echo what Dick said, I've found that when it's 'right' the canister
will spin freely almost all the way in to tight. Once, I had somehow gotten
the gasket twisted which caused an oil slick in the driveway.  Take out the
gasket and make sure it's OK. If you have to use a new gasket from a second
new filter, you should be able to skip changing the gasket next time. That's
a good reason to hang on to a couple of used gaskets.

Sloane :)
'69-Six

Make small turns