Re:Doin' it today!

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Doin' it today!
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:02:21 -0400
All-

Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I think I made decent progress
today.  I have the upper bell housing bolts to remove and I think it should
come out.

Lessons:

a.) Starter?  I wasn't planning on removing this, but it is out now!.
b.) Piece o' cake so far (Thanks to Bentley).
c.) Dead body.  Yes I am afraid I uncovered one.  When I purchased the car,
there was statement made concerning tranny work.  Once the cardboard
transmission hump came out, I noticed a transmission cover bolt sticking up.
Apparently, when this bolt was removed previously, the threads came with it.
So instead of a helicoil, the genius working on the car, slathered the bolt
in blue RTV and shoved it back in the hole. Thanks a lot.

d.) I now know my tranny # is CD24817 and my OD Ser. No. 22/61753/012233A

Musings:

1.) I am really glad I decided to pull the tranny/OD myself. I really
enjoyed myself today.
2.) I put on the oldies station and seranaded the car with 70s tunes to put
it more at ease.
3.) Major deja vu.  ~25 years ago, I flowed a rod bearing on my 78 Honda
Civic 1200. I pulled the engine and tranny on that one and rebuilt the
engine myself. The only thing missing was my Dad telling me to get my car
out of his garage.  I wished he was still around today. Even though the car
is in my garage, I am sure he would have had a few congent observations.

Regards,
John Cyg.
CC52927LO