RE: Doin' it today!

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>,
Subject: RE: Doin' it today!
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:28:25 -0600
>===== Original Message From "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net> =====
>Okay, I am pulling my tranny today.  I have the carpets, dash support
>removed and the passenger seat pulled. I have heard that you can pull the
>tranny-overdrive up and out through the passenger side. Couple questions:
>
>a.) can I really pull the tranny/overdrive out this way?

Really the easiest way to do it. Don't be afraid. :o)

>b.) how heavy is the tranny/overdrive?

Less than 100lbs? I don't have overdrive so I'm guessing there. You won't need
to lift the whole weight until you lift it our of the car.

>c.) how high should the car be supported?

High enough for you to get underneath to unfasten the cltuch arm from the
slave cylinder and unfasten the lower nuts and bolts from the bellhousing.
It will also help to have a jack supporting the weight as you back it off of
the engine and mounts. Then rotate the back end torwards the passenger door
and pull it on out.

>d.) how did I ever wind up at this point? (Okay, I know, but I just wanted
>to have small pity party.)
>
>John Cyg.

No pity parties John, Enjoy...

Shawn J. Loseke