RE: Smoking at the light

To: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Smoking at the light
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:29:03 -0600
>===== Original Message From "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net> =====
>John,
>
>I'm assuming that you are talking about the "weep" hole in the rocker shaft?
>If so, how do you bypass it.  I did replace the entire rocker assembly when
>I did the top end. Is there any problem with cutting off that oil to the
>top?  I realize that it doesn't work on many of these cars but would be a
>little concerned cutting it off.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark

He's actually refering to the auxillary/external oil feed line that enters
through a factory location on the back of the head and picks up oil from one
of the gallery plugs near the distributor. (Mine shares it's pick up with the
oil pressure gauge pick up.) This dumps a load of high pressure oil across the
rockers. Some say it's a must if your using roller rockers. The volume of oil
is quite high. This volume can be reduced by simply inserting a roll pin into
the connector at the pick up point. (The line attaches to the head via a
banjo-bolt.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79