Dizzy Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Dizzy Question
From: trguy@cfl.rr.com
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:32:36 -0500
I have an early 1968/69 (CC904) engine and understand that the the later model
distributors will work in this motor.  It seems like the 68 dizzy (dual vacuum
advance and retard) sits higher than a 71 model dizzy when installed.  After
installing the 71 model I am having trouble retarding the timing since the tach
cable rubs into the top of a stock AC fuel pump and restricts further movement.
 This wasn't a problem with the 68 dizzy.  Is there supposed to be a difference
in the installed height between these distributors?  Just curious.

Thanks in advance
Jim Henningsen
Maitland FL
63 TR4