Re: Steel Wheel Restoration

To: sumton@sbcglobal.net, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Steel Wheel Restoration
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:43:36 EST
A little runout at the rim flange can turn into a lot of runout at the tread.
Lateral runout is not as bad as radial runout but on the stock reversed
wheels runout either laterally or radially will cause vibration problems. I
would
consider more than 1/8th inch to be a potential problem. Also the need for more
than 4 total ounces of balance weights to be an indicator. I bought a lot of
steel wheels and could never come up with four round ones. Someday when I win
the lottery I am going to get a set of redlines and mount on stock wheels for
show purposes.
Mike C '71 TR6