Good deal on ODs?

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Good deal on ODs?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:18:46 -0800
    Folks:

        There is a guy selling used J-Type ODs for $99 on eBay at the
moment. Best price I have seen in a while. If any of you are
contemplating adding an OD, this is as good as it gets for a used one.
He is offering an even lower price for bulk purchases, so if 2-3 of you
go together...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=45174
81152&category=10076

        If you are curious as to what else you would need, I have listed
it below, along with what I paid. I did not buy all the parts at once,
but looked for deals and picked the part up when it was on sale, etc.:

        1. Speedo drive gear (to calibrate speedo)    $40    (Quantum)
        2. OD main shaft    $115   (TRF)
        3. OD output flange    $70    (List member)  <- You may not need
this part. Some J-Type output flanges can simply be redrilled for the
TR6 drive shaft bolts.
        4. OD adapter for tranny.    $95    (e-Bay)
        5. Switch, plinth, wiring harness, gaskets, etc ~$100 (eBay and
Moss)

        These are Volvo J-Types, so they are 27% overdrive as opposed to
the 25% for a "real" TR overdrive. FYI, the original A-type OD was also
a 27% ratio. The 2% difference means 120 RPM slower engine speed @ 6,000
RPM, so you will not notice the difference.
        All of the above parts are available from John Esposito at
Quantum. While you can do better price wise if you are patient, he
always has them in stock and he is simply terrific to do business with.
So if you don't want to patiently shag parts, you can always just order
a kit or any individual parts from him. His prices are competitive with
Moss and others (when Moss even carries the part) so he is always fair.

        Cheers,

        Vance

Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)