RE: lightened fly wheel

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: lightened fly wheel
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:06:12 -0700
        Joe:

        You can safely remove somewhere around 10 pounds from the
flywheel (28 pounds stock, as I recall). In first gear, this is
equivalent of removing 120lbs of deadweight from the car. In the taller
gears, the benefit diminishes. The benefit is the same no matter what
the tune of your motor. In Vizard's book "Tuning Standard Triumphs over
1300cc" there is a template for what needs to be removed. Here is a PDF
of the book - it takes a while to open, but the link does work:
http://www.141.com/triumphs/vizard.pdf
        I had my neighbor use his lathe to slice off 10 lbs, out of
simple neighborliness. I would think an automotive machine shop would do
it for under $100.

        Cheers,

        Vance