Re: Differential Bearings and Trailing Arm Bolts

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Differential Bearings and Trailing Arm Bolts
From: "Michael Corbitt" <michael_corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:34:22 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded to me on my questions.  The information is
most appreciated.  The Buckeye site has good information on fasteners, but it
doesn't touch on such things as trailing arm bolts.  Greg Dito's explanation of
the bolts is very helpful.

Being new to the TR6 hobby, I'm just starting to build my mechanical
understanding of the TR6.  When parts need replaced and I don't understand the
intent or specifications of something, I don't mind paying a little more money
to make sure I get the correct replacement.

However, when one has a little more knowledge about the "how & why" of the way
things work, it is a thing of beauty for the soul.  So I thank all of you for
your willingness to educate those of us new to the hobby.

My wife doesn't yet understand how I can find enjoyment just laying on my back
under my TR6.  I bought my son a scale model TR6 for Christmas that's the same
color as mine.  It sits on a shelf in his room.  My wife says I need to pull
the wheels off the back and put it up on blocks so it continues to look just
like dad's.  She said it knowing what great pleasure working on the car gives
me.  She's very supportive.

Anyway, thanks again for all of you who take the time to respond.  I appreciate
the patience many of you have with those of us with such little knowledge and
great expectations.

Mike
Corvallis, OR