Differential Bearings and Trailing Arm Bolts

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Differential Bearings and Trailing Arm Bolts
From: "Michael Corbitt" <michael_corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:47:22 -0700
My first attempt at rebuilding the rear suspension and differential on my 69
TR6 is moving along.  Ah, the joy of taking things apart.  Although, my parents
never viewed it as a gift.

TRF had most of what I need, however they are out of trailing arm bolts (TRF #
HB926) and differential bearings for the inner axle shafts (TRF # 134465).  The
trailing arm bolts mount the trailing arm bracket to the frame.  There are a
total of eight of them.

TRF put these on back order, but since I'm not sure how quick they will get
them in, I would like to know if anybody can suggest another supplier for the
bolts.  Neither Moss or BPNW show them on their web sites.

Also, does anybody know a Timken (or other quality bearing) number for these
inner axle bearings?   If I knew the number, perhaps I could get them through a
local parts supplier.  With a Chicago Rawhide number, I recently bought
differential seals at NAPA for less than I would have paid TRF.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Mike
Corvallis, OR