9.5:1 compression, hotter cam and dist setup

To: "6 Pack Good email address" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 9.5:1 compression, hotter cam and dist setup
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:30:49 -0500
 I need to pick the brains of people more knowledgeable than I and that could
be quite a large number of members!
 I'm proceeding to upgrade my stock 1969 TR6 8.5:1 CR motor, to hopefully more
performance. I was going to do these modifications after she was rolling, but
decided to do them now instead of working over a freshly painted car. Talked
myself right into it.
  This is what I'm curious about, the compression will be increased to 9.25 or
9.5:1, three angle valve job, match intake and exhaust ports to the head,
Petronix electronic ignition and  with either and S2 cam or Piper 270 with
triple ZS carbs. Any comments out there on what I'm getting ready to do?
  My real curiosity is the distributor. Will it need any modifications to the
advancing springs or weights? Note the '69 has the vacuum retard and advance.
I figured the retard would need to be eliminated. If this needs readjusting
who can best provide this service and can it be set up by just telling whoever
performs the work the setup of the motor?
 Thanks a bunch for any advice!!!

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)