Re: Coker Classic Red Lines vs Michelin X Red Line (Coker)

To: dmallin@attglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coker Classic Red Lines vs Michelin X Red Line (Coker)
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:41:58 EDT
Don,

My Michelin X Red lines were bought from Coker and were made in France. They
are date coded 477(followed by small triangular mark designating '90s),
meaning they were manufactured in the 47th week of 1997. I can't speak for what
Coker is selling now. I can tell you that he can't manufacture anything himself
and call it a Michelin. Also DOT requirements dictate that all date and plant
codes be accurately stamped on each tire sold in the US.

As it happens, I work for Michelin North America (heavy truck stuff) and will
be spending several weeks at the plant in Greenville, SC in October. I plan
to get all the scoop on the Michelin Red lines as time permits.

My motives differ from your own. I'm looking for a better riding tire (XAS?)
preferably with the red line option. I'll update you and the list on whatever
I can find out.

Steve
CCUO Damson