RE: vibration situation

To: <DaCRANEz@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: vibration situation
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:23:03 -0400
Good morning Mike, and while I'm not expert, I thought I might throw out
this as a possibility.  Dick and others will correct me if I'm not on
the straight and narrow.

It is my understanding, and my experience, that your wheels can be
balanced, BUT the steel wheels themselves can have a wobble to them.
I'm searching for the correct term, but like a warped rotor which has
too much runout, the steel wheels can have the same issue.

The solution can be a bit expensive of course - Panasports.  I haven't
gone that route yet, but the difference in ride quality if immense.

I'd check with the tire store that you have balancing your wheels and
ask them is the wheels are straight or true.  Let us know.

Cheers,

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2