No Vacuum Redux

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net (6 Pack Digest)
Subject: No Vacuum Redux
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:02:01 EDT
Listers;
A week or so ago I posted a request (plea) for help.  I had no vacuum at the
rear carb for the vacuum retard.  I had several tips and good advice and for
that I thank you all.  Dick Taylor really hit the nail on the head.  He
suggested that I try to screw in the idle by-pass adjusters and see if they
were
staying open.  I did and volia!  Good, steady vacuum.  Got the retard hooked
back
up and the '6 idled down from about 1500 to 850!  Took it out for a quick spin
and when I come to a stop it will idle down to about 600 and then back up to
850.  Exhaust at idle is smooth and steady with no burble.  Thanks to everyone
and I hope to see you at the TRials this week!!
Sam