RE: Exhaust Upgrades

To: Nick Gemas <gln@worldpath.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Exhaust Upgrades
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:00:19 -0700
        Nick:

        It is easy to figure out; The area of one pipe is
 (d/2)^2 * 3.14, so compute the area of one pipe, multiply
by 2 to get total area. Any single pipe you use should have
an area at least as large to avoid any performance drop off.
        Getting a single large pipe to fit is another story.
You would probably find it easier to fit a crossover pipe
in your exhaust (any muffler shop can put one in). It is
simply a chunk of pipe that connects one leg of the exhaust
to the other before it reaches the muffler. This equalizes
the pressure in the two legs of the exhaust, and makes
it quite a bit quieter. I would try this before going to
the expense of replacing the dual system with a single
large pipe, which may not fit anyway.

        Cheers,

        Vance

The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We
cause accidents. - Nathaniel Borenstein