RE: Drain Hole in Differential & Activated Charcoal

To: "'Robert Schmuelling'" <roschmug@isoc.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Drain Hole in Differential & Activated Charcoal
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:38:27 -0400
Rob,

There is a flat part on the bottom of the iron housing. You can drill and
tap a 1/8" NPT there. Don't know if I'd do that with the diff assembled
though. You could get metal chips inside.

The bottom of the canister comes off, not the top. Doh! I had trouble
getting it off also. I sprayed it with penetrant and gave up. Came back 6
months later and it screwed right off.

- Hugh