RE: stuck piston/caliper

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: stuck piston/caliper
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:37:50 -0400
I didn't have an air compressor to use, but actually just a good bike
pump with the hose held tightly against the pipe hole popped mine right
out. Since I was doing a complete rebuild, I went ahead and used some PB
Blaster to get it loose first. Then once it was out, I used some brake
cleaner which dries nicely without residue and finally relubricated the
new piston with brake fluid.

Nelson Riedel has a nice article on this process if you haven't seen it
- www.buckeyetriumphs.org in the Technical section

<mc>