Re: stop lamp switch

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: stop lamp switch
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:16:24 -0700
The switch is closed when you depress the pedal, lighting the tail
lights. When the pedal is up, it presses on the switch's plunger to
open the circuit. In your case the switch must not be close enough to
the tab on the pedal (or the switch is melted, which is what happened
to me). I use some washers as shims to position the switch correctly.
It might have been knocked off line when you disconnected the pedal.

Hope this made some kind of sense!

Jay