ignition switch/wiring

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: ignition switch/wiring
From: "Gene Holtzclaw" <motrv8d@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 05:19:28 +0000
New problem. My 76 has decided to stop starting. I can excite the solenoid
with a jumper and starter works. I put a test light to the white wire w/red
stripe on back of the ignition switch and it lights in the start position.
Yet when I test the wire going to the solenoid-nothing. My wiring diagram
shows it to be the same wire. The Bently manual mentions a starter relay,
but does not give it's location. There is a relay next to the fuse block
that has a wh/red stripe wire going to it but it doesn't light in start
position either. Any help out there?