Re: Great pics!

To: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Great pics!
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:19:56 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Shane Ingate wrote:

> Gary Fluke wrote:
>
> > Check out this replica of a Kastner C-Production TR6, especially the PI
> > engine.
> > http://www.laprecord.com/SCCAVintage/Page-05/Page-05.htm
>
> Awesome!  I leap for joy whenever I see a minimalist TR6.  FWIW, my goal is
> to build a car much like this, but in black.

Hmmmm. Kool car indeed.

I'm partial to Silver.

:-)

I like the blue oil cooler hoses. I like the looks of braided stainless,
but the blue is nice (considering the blue engine block).

Nice heat shield under the PI setup too.

> Interesting that the text claims it to be a "Kastner Replica", yet Kastner
> abhorred the side-exit exhaust.  It has lots of fiberglass, too.

I see the side exhaust - where's the 'glass?

> Whoever built this car is a craftsman, a perfectionist, and independently
> wealthy.  Best TR6 I've seen in a long time.

It's def a nice car.

I'd really like to see pix of the roll-bar and interior.

Does anyone know who the car might belong to? I see that web page says Tom
Kreger. Anyone know Tom Kreger?

> Shane Ingate, awed in Maryland

rml
I gotta work on my car this week! Time to get the 12:1 block to the shop.
:-)
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |