Fwd: Re: Drive Shaft

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Drive Shaft
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 19:23:14 -0800 (PST)
I still don't understand this.  I realize that the factory would have
dynamically balanced the prop shaft and axle shafts, but they wouldn't
have done this while the shafts were connected to the diff and tranny.
Therefore, why does it make a difference how you bolt the shafts to the
flanges?  And if indeed it does make a difference, what is the right
orientation of the shaft flanges to the diff/tranny flanges?  The
factory would have had to direct the assembly line workers on the
correct assembly orientation, right?  This would be pretty useful
information to document on the 6pack list, considering the fact that
many of us have had these shafts out once or twice, and may have
replaced tranny's and/or diffs at some point (in my case, both).  More
info please!

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6 (with a wicked vibration over 75ish)